Tuesday 24 September 2013

Let There Always Be A Ray Of Hope

As many of you may or may not know, my home country was affected by a ruthless attack. I lost people I knew and had grown up with. Innocent blood has been spilt. 
Our hearts cry and bleed for our nation. This is our home, our Kenya.
Do not let negativity enter you. It is a disease that feeds the soul and the mind. Mourn, but do not lose hope for then you fall victim too. I would like to share a poem that always gives me strength as it gave the prisoners strength when Mandela would read it to them during his decades of incarceration. I hope this may give you some hope too. I quoted it in my introductory blog too, it is a marvelous piece by William Ernest Henely.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

It is easy to kill, torture and oppress, but remember the soul cannot be broken. Always be brave, whether it may be in your actions or in your thoughts. We live and die honorably and peacefully. We live and die Kenyan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment