Friday 24 January 2014

You, Yourself and You


Have you ever felt like you have everything, but not enough? There’s always something missing.

Self-fulfilment. To fall in love with the people around you is the best gift you can give yourself, but to fall in love with yourself is the biggest accomplishment in your life. We are children, siblings, parents, spouses, friends, workers and individuals in this binding society. However, before that, we are individuals. Your individuality and uniqueness is what defines you and gives you your sense of perseverance. I strongly believe that who we are matters the most not to others, rather, to ourselves.

If you ever feel like giving up, you feel weak and cannot do it, think of what you have done, what you gone through and what you accomplished. Find that ‘thing’ that completes you. Being in your twenties is such a trivial time where you have to figure your life out and make decisions that affect you in the long run. All these decisions must be made when we barely know who we are. It’s difficult, and it’s scary.

This is where you should follow what your heart wants. A definite cliché, and it is probably harder to do than it sounds. Sitting at that office job day in day out when you’d rather be flying planes or having your day in court is no one’s fault but yours. Be brave enough to take a stand for what you want. Fight for your self-fulfilment.

Look to your family and friends for advice and counsel. They are the best people to talk to because these are the people who believe in you and see good in you no matter what or who you are. Hold these bonds close because they are sacred and underwrite who you are today.

Starting up this blog has been one of the best things I have ever done. It has given me a way to express myself, and helped me decide what it is I want to do in life and who I want to be. With my family and friends supporting me I am on my journey to my happy ending (InshAllah). It was scary at first, thinking I couldn’t do it, thinking was I good enough, thinking what would others say and think of me. These mean nothing. These fears are just you being unfair on yourself, not anyone else. Look past them, and take decisions that make you happy. Being a little selfish in your dreams isn’t always a bad thing.


Who is writing your story? Take that stand for you. Live your life dammit! Trust God and happiness is yours for the taking.






2 comments: